Instructor – Media Design – Web Design
Vacancy for: Faculty of Applied Sciences and Arts
Ref Code: II8.2
The German University in Cairo invites applications for vacancies to be filled effective September/October 2021.
The Faculty of Applied Science and Arts enrolls 1,250 students across three design majors: Graphic, Product and Media Design
Requirements, Experience and Skills:
• Academic Title will be assigned to successful applicants on the highest degree achieved, industrial experience, teaching and research experience.
• Solid knowledge of Adobe Dreamweaver, Adobe XD, Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator (with knowledge of Adobe Animate, Arduino software and hardware applications, and Muse sought-after skills).
• Possession of excellent design and UX/UI skills.
• Knowledgeable in current and future approaches within the field of design.
• Curiosity to widen the perception within the design discipline and thus create a foundation for design oriented actions and mindsets.
• Strong commitment to progressive design education principles regarding a self-organized and responsible design study.
• Understanding of the implications of Design practice within social, cultural, economic, scientific or technological contexts.
• Competence of working well with people from diverse cultural backgrounds, professional training and aesthetic sensibilities.
• Strong competences to structure and define project goals in order to foster and motivate positive experiences.
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills and conversing and writing in English, which is the teaching language.
• Good management skills, including the ability to meet deadlines, communicate and motivate effectively.
• An interest in working collaboratively within the GUC and with external partners towards the development of shared projects.
Interested applicants are invited to submit their curriculum vitae including: employment history, a statement outlining research and teaching interests, list of publications and projects undertaken and names of at least three referees, motivational letter and an online access to a portfolio of their work.
Applications will be reviewed until position is filled. For best consideration, submit application before 31st of August 2021.
For further information, please contact the Human Resources Department (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Post Date: Wednesday, August 4, 2021