The Faculty of Postgraduate Studies and Scientific Research was established under the presidential decree number 27 for the year 2002, for the objectives of offering postgraduate studies (MSc and PhD), the study had commenced at the faculty since then; thus offering research funds, extensive library resources, state-of-the-art research facilities and information technology.
As a result of bilateral German Egyptian cooperation, the German University in Cairo, GUC, was established to export study programs based on German model. It was founded under the presidential decree 27/2002, according to law number 101/ 1992 for establishing Egyptian Private Universities, and its executive regulations number 335/ 1996. GUC is established in cooperation with the State Universities of Ulm and Stuttgart , under the patronage of the Egyptian Ministry of Higher Education, the German Ministry of Science>, Research and Arts, State of Baden-Wurttemberg, Germany, and supported by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD), and the Federal Ministry of Education and Research, Germany. Cooperation is extended to other German universities such as Tubingen and Leipzig.
The Master of Science (M.Sc.) is an internationally recognized post-graduate degree which leads to further pursuing of doctorate studies at the GUC, partner universities or any other university. Recognition of MSc and PhD equivalence is expected in all countries.
Mission & Vision
To qualify world-class researchers and scientists who serve the developmental needs of the national and international community and strengthen the mutual scientific cooperation with the German partners and international research institutes.
- Create an environment of creativity, innovation and scientific values among postgraduate students.
- Attract graduates of high potential to pursue their postgraduate studies at GUC and obtain academic degrees at international standards.
- Enable the postgraduates to interact effectively with the challenges and competitions created globally and to play leading roles in their areas of specializations.
- Encourage GUC teaching assistants to pursue their postgraduate studies in order to build the human capacities of the university that can lead GUC to achieve excellence in research and teaching.
- Encourage and open new channels for the Egyptian-German cooperation in higher education including basic and industrial research.
- Develop scientific, cultural and business links with the national and international institutions in Egypt, Germany and other countries.
- Achieve the requirements for national and international accreditations of the postgraduate programs