Professor/Lecturer – Graphic Design - Foundation Courses
Vacancy for: Faculty of Applied Sciences and Arts
Ref Code: II8.3
The German University in Cairo - GUC (Cairo Campus)
Faculty of Applied Sciences and Arts
Ref Code: II8.3
The German University in Cairo invites applications for vacancies to be filled effective October 2021 or February 2022
The Faculty of Applied Sciences and Arts enrolling 1,250 students across three design majors: Graphic, Product and Media Design. The GUC (Cairo Campus) invites highly able and motivated applicants for the following vacancy in the Graphic Design Department. Successful candidates will be expected to contribute to undergraduate and graduate teaching.
The position will focus on teaching, developing and practising the fundamental principles of graphic design and visual communication in foundation courses: colour and grid systems, layout, perception, emphasis and expression, form, and analogue techniques like drawing and sketching. Students should acquire these basic visualization techniques prior to selection of the major courses: graphic, product or media design. The applicant should enhance the visual thinking competences of students within the foundation courses through exploring, observing and visually describing principles of nature, mechanics, construction and aesthetics.
• Applicants for the position of a Professor should hold preferably a PHD degree with relevant academic references in related areas.
• Applicants for the position of a Lecturer should hold a master degree or German diploma, at least 5 years of practical and 3 years of teaching experience.
Experience / Skills:
• Knowledgeable of current and future approaches within the field of design.
• Curiosity to widen the perception within the design discipline and thus create a foundation for design oriented actions and mindsets.
• Strong commitment to progressive design education principles regarding a self-organized and responsible design study.
• Understanding of the implications of Design practice within social, cultural, economic, scientific or technological contexts.
• Competence of working well with people from diverse cultural backgrounds, professional training and aesthetic sensibilities.
• Strong competences to structure and define project goals in order to foster and motivate positive experiences.
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills and writing in English, which is the teaching language.
• Good management skills, including the ability to meet deadlines, communicate and motivate effectively.
• An interest in working collaboratively within the GUC and with external partners towards the development of shared projects.
Interested applicants are invited to submit their curriculum vitae including: employment history, a statement outlining research and teaching interests, list of publications and projects undertaken and names of at least three referees, motivational letter and an online access to a portfolio of your work.
Applications will be reviewed until position is filled. For best consideration, submit applications before 30th of May 2021.
For further information, please contact the Human Resources Department (email@example.com)
Post Date: Tuesday, April 27, 2021