Professor/Lecturer/Instructor – Graphic Design – Latin and Arabic Type Design
Vacancy for: Faculty of Applied Science and Arts
Ref Code: II8.3.1
The German University in Cairo invites applications for vacancies to be filled effective February 2021.
The Faculty of Applied Science and Arts enrolling 1,250 students across three design majors: Graphic, Product and Media Design. The GUC (Cairo Campus) invites highly able and motivated applicants for the following vacancy in the Graphic Design Department. Successful candidates will be expected to contribute to undergraduate and graduate teaching.
The German University in Cairo is looking for highly able and motivated applicants wishing to join The Graphic Design Department. Successful candidates will be expected to contribute to undergraduate and graduate teaching. The position will focus on teaching the students how to develop and create both Arabic and Latin typefaces from sketching to digitizing. The applicant should have previous experience in Arabic and Latin calligraphy, lettering, type setting, and glyphs software. Typography and Layout experience would be an asset.
• Applicants for the position of a Lecturer/Instructor should hold a master degree or German diploma.
• Applicants for the position of a Lecturer should have at least 5 years of practical and 3 years of teaching experience.
• Applicants for a position of an Instructor should have a minimum 3 years of practical experience, teaching experience would be an asset.
Experience / Skills:
• Knowledgeable about current and future approaches within the field of design.
• Curiosity to widen the perception within the design discipline and thus create a foundation for design oriented actions and mindsets.
• Strong commitment to progressive design education principles regarding a self-organized and responsible design study.
• Understanding of the implications of design practice within social, cultural, economic, scientific or technological contexts.
• Ability to work well with colleagues from diverse cultural backgrounds, professional experience and aesthetic sensibilities.
• Ability to structure and define project goals in order to foster and motivate positive experiences.
• Excellent interpersonal communication and writing skills in English, which is the teaching language.
• Good management skills, including the ability to meet deadlines, communicate and motivate effectively.
• An interest in working collaboratively within the GUC and with external partners towards the development of shared projects.
Interested applicants are invited to submit their curriculum vitae including: employment history, a statement outlining research and teaching interests, list of publications and projects undertaken and names of at least three referees, motivational letter and an online access to a portfolio of their work.
Submissions will be reviewed starting the 01st of November, 2020 but applications are welcome until the position is filled
For further information, please contact the Human Resources Department (email@example.com)
Post Date: Wednesday, October 21, 2020