Lecturer/Instructor in Media Design – Sound / Sound for Visuals
Vacancy for: Faculty of Applied Sciences and Arts
Ref Code: II8.2
The Faculty of Applied Science and Arts invites highly able and motivated applicants in the Media design department, vacancies to be filled by Winter semester (October 2021) or Spring Semester (February 2022).
The Faculty of Applied Science and Arts enrolls 1,250 students across three design majors: Graphic, Product and Media Design.
The position will focus on teaching and training basic principles of sound, music production and audio-visual interaction (sound design, film music, Foley art). The applicant should have teaching experience as well as professional practical knowledge in the field of media design / audio production. Successful candidates will be expected to contribute to undergraduate and graduate teaching.
Requirements, experience and skills:
• Academic Title will be assigned to successful applicants based on the highest degree achieved, industrial experience, teaching and research experience.
• Applicants for the position of a Lecturer/Instructor should hold a master degree or German diploma.
• Applicants for the position of a Lecturer should have at least 5 years of practical and 3 years of teaching experience.
• Applicants for a position of an Instructor should have a minimum 3 years of practical experience, teaching experience would be an asset.
Experience / Skills:
• Knowledgeable of current and future approaches within the field of design.
• Curiosity to widen the perception within the design discipline and thus create a foundation for design oriented actions and mindsets.
• Strong commitment to progressive design education principles regarding a self-organized and responsible design study.
• Understanding of the implications of Design practice within social, cultural, economic, scientific or technological contexts.
• Competence of working well with people from diverse cultural backgrounds, professional training and aesthetic sensibilities.
• Strong competences to structure and define project goals in order to foster and motivate positive experiences.
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills and writing in English, which is the teaching language.
• Good management skills, including the ability to meet deadlines, communicate and motivate effectively.
• An interest in working collaboratively within the GUC and with external partners towards the development of shared projects.
Interested applicants are invited to submit their curriculum vitae including: employment history, a statement outlining research and teaching interests, list of publications and projects undertaken and names of at least three referees, motivational letter and an online access to a portfolio of their work.
Applications will be reviewed until position is filled. For best consideration, submit application before 31st of August 2021.
For further information, please contact the Human Resources Department (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Post Date: Wednesday, August 4, 2021