Professor/ Associate Professor/ Lecturer in Contract Law and Legal Methodology
Vacancy for: Program of Law and Legal Studies
The German University in Cairo- GUC (Cairo Campus)
Program of Law and Legal Studies
The German University in Cairo invites applications for the following vacancies to be filled effective October 2021 or February 2022.
This program is designed for students interested in developing a strong and important understanding of law and relations of governance.
The German University in Cairo is seeking highly qualified academic staff to join the Program of Law and Legal Studies either on a:
• Full Time basis at GUC Campus Cairo ( Egypt )
• Visiting Academic at GUC Campus Cairo ( Egypt )
Successful candidates will be expected to teach undergraduate level courses in the fields of Private Law such as:
• Contract Law (UN Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods, Principles in Civil and Common Law)
• Legal Methodology (interpretation, judge-made law)
• Legal History (Principles of Roman Law)
• Introduction to Private International Law (International Law of Contract, International Law of Property)
• Legal Research and Drafting of Contracts
• International Business Transactions
• International Commercial Arbitration
• Moot Court and Arbitration Proceedings
Candidates are expected to develop teaching material, seminars and collaborative work with colleagues of the department.
• Doctorate degree with teaching experience, publications, research and Industry experience in related areas.
• Strong academic interest and teaching experience, with strong student’s orientation.
• Active in the business and legal community (through association memberships, consulting, publications)
Interested applicants are invited to submit their curriculum vitae including employment history, a statement outlining research and teaching interests, and names of at least three referees.
Applications will be reviewed until position is filled. For best consideration, submit applications before 30th of May 2021.
For further information, please contact the Human Resources Department (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Post Date: Tuesday, April 27, 2021