Data Science Professional Diploma
The data scientist role is now critical for organizations looking to extract insight from information assets for “big data” initiatives and requires a broad combination of skills. Analytical and decision modeling skills are required for discovering relationships within data and detecting patterns, and data management skills are required to build the relevant dataset used for the analysis.
Data science is a multi-disciplinary field that uses scientific methods, processes, algorithms and systems to extract knowledge and insights from data in various forms, both structured and unstructured
The Data Science Professional Diploma consists of five courses and a capstone project over a period of two semesters. The structure of the five courses is designed to cover both fundamental and advanced topics in data science, with the latest programming frameworks and data science technologies integrated into each of the courses to support the theoretical concepts.
Upon completing the diploma, the attendees will have done several hands-on assignments and built a portfolio of data science projects to provide them with the confidence to start an exciting profession in Data Science.
The data science professional diploma requires the attendance of 5 courses and 1 capstone
1.Introduction to Big Data Technologies
|2.Machine Learning Fundamentals
| 3.Data Engineering
(2 Courses + 1 Project)
4.Advanced Methods in Data Science
| 6.Capstone Project
The elective course is one course chosen from the following list:
- Neural Networks and Deep Learning (Code: DS-622)
- Text Mining (Code: DS-623)
- Advanced Big Data Analytics Technologies (Code: DS-624)
- Recommender Systems (Code: DS-625)
- Timing, lecture distribution, assigned instructors and schedules will be assigned and announced to students upon registration completion subject to the German University in Cairo and the program administrative decisions. Lectures and labs will take place after regular working hours.
- The courses details and outlines might get changed due to continuous development and enhancements to cope with trending theories, technologies, methods and applications in this domain.
- GUC course grading scheme applies to all courses in the diploma.
Who should attend:
Those who are interested in developing data analysis and management skills and experience to pursue a career in data science, and for organizations whose plans for capacity building include developing the skill set of their employees to include data science skills.
- Bachelor degree from a recognized University.
- 2. An acceptable score on the GUC English admission test.
The applicant must bring all documents mentioned below:
- Curriculum vitae
- University transcript (with grades of each subject)
- Graduation certificate
- Two passport-sized photos
- Birth certificate
- Military status for male applicants
- Copy (front & back) of the National ID Card/ or passport for non Egyptian students
- Visa and residency documents for non-Egyptians
Tuition & Fees:
- Program application fee of 700 EGP.
- Program Insurance Fees of 2500 EGP “Refundable in case no damages are done or books are lost”.
- Tuition fees are 22,500 EGP per semester, paid in two installments during each semester. Tuition and fees are announced at the beginning of each academic year for the new entrants. However, for those already enrolled, tuition and fees might be increased annually.
- A graduation fee of 300 EGP is to be paid at the end of the program before graduation.
- GUC graduates enjoys 10% discount
The admission procedures are as follows:
- Applicants complete online application Apply Now !
- 2. Applicants that fulfill the requirements will be invited via e-mail to take the GUC English admission test (GUC graduates are exempted from this test).
Applicants who are accepted will be invited to attend an orientation session. Applicants not accepted may reapply in future semesters
***This diploma is Offered by the Faculty of Media Engineering and Technology