This Foundational course in project management provides professionals with necessary knowledge, tools and skills to successfully manage projects. It gives an overview of the project environment and organization, life cycle, chartering, work breakdown structure, network diagram and critical path, contingency planning, cost estimate and control.
Participants will be able to ...
1. Describe the core project management concepts.
2. Describe the relation between projects and organizations.
3. Describe the role and the skills of the project manager.
4. Plan for scope, time and cost.
5. Manage and control project schedule and cost.
6. Plan and manage risk.
Upon completion of the program the participants will be able to:
1. Define projects, project management and project managers.
2. Describe the different project life cycles.
3. Explain the project management processes and knowledge areas.
4. Explore essential skills required to manage a project.
5. Build a Work Breakdown Structure.
6. Plan a project schedule by estimating time, and resources.
7. Calculate float for complex project network diagrams.
8. Create a project budget.
9. Evaluate project performance using earned value management.
10. Identify and manage project risks.
1. Introduction to Project Management
2. The Environment in Which Projects Operate
3. Project Life Cycles
4. The Role of the Project Manager
5. Project Scope Management
a) Define Scope
b) Create WBS
6. Project Schedule Management
a) Define Activities
b) Sequence Activities
c) Estimate Activity Durations
d) Develop and Control Schedule
7. Project Cost Management
a) Estimate Costs
b) Determine Budget
c) Cost Control and Earned Value Management.
8. Project Risk Management
a) Identify Risks
b) Perform Risk Analysis
c) Plan Risk Responses
Project managers, project leaders, project team members, and anyone who is considering a career path in project management and desiring a complete overview of the field.