Lecturer/Instructor – Graphic Design - Interaction Design
Vacancy for: Faculty of Applied Sciences and Arts
Ref Code: II8.3
The German University in Cairo - GUC (Cairo Campus)
Faculty of Applied Sciences and Arts
Ref Code: II8.3
The German University in Cairo invites applications for vacancies to be filled effective October 2021 or February 2022
The Faculty of Applied Science and Arts enrolling 1,250 students across three design majors: Graphic, Product and Media Design. The GUC (Cairo Campus) invites highly able and motivated applicants for the following vacancy in the Graphic Design Department. Successful candidates will be expected to contribute to undergraduate and graduate teaching.
The position will focus on developing and training visual skills of structuring information especially for digital applications. The applicant should have a previous professional and teaching experience in planning, designing, prototyping and presenting concepts for digital applications and services for mobile, tablets, desktop with an emphasis on high quality design skills, understanding of user experience, and the visual structure of information.
• Applicants for the position of a Lecturer/Instructor should hold a master degree or German diploma.
• Applicants for the position of a Lecturer should have at least 5 years of practical and 3 years of teaching experience.
• Applicants for a position of an Instructor should have a minimum 3 years of practical experience, teaching experience would be an asset.
Experience / Skills:
• Strong background in Interface Design for mobile applications and responsive web based solutions with a focus on graphic layout, typography, and the development of visual language systems.
• Knowledge of contemporary prototyping tools such as Flinto, Adobe XD, and Sketch.
• Theoretical background in user centered research methods and Service Design.
• Practical background in connected user experiences and user engagement strategies.
• Knowledgeable of current and future approaches within the field of design.
• Curiosity to widen the perception within the design discipline and thus create a foundation for design oriented actions and mindsets.
• Strong commitment to progressive design education principles regarding a self-organized and responsible design study.
• Understanding of the implications of Design practice within social, cultural, economic, scientific or technological contexts.
• Competence of working well with people from diverse cultural backgrounds, professional training and aesthetic sensibilities.
• Strong competences to structure and define project goals in order to foster and motivate positive experiences.
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills and writing in English, which is the teaching language.
• Good management skills, including the ability to meet deadlines, communicate and motivate effectively.
• An interest in working collaboratively within the GUC and with external partners towards the development of shared projects.
Interested applicants are invited to submit their curriculum vitae including: employment history, a statement outlining research and teaching interests, list of publications and projects undertaken and names of at least three referees, motivational letter and an online access to a portfolio of your work.
Applications will be reviewed until position is filled. For best consideration, submit applications before 30th of May 2021.
For further information, please contact the Human Resources Department (email@example.com)
Post Date: Tuesday, April 27, 2021