On Tuesday, February 7, 2023, Prof. Dr. Mohamed Ayman Ashour, Egyptian Minister of Higher Education and Scientific Research along with Prof. Dr. Ashraf Mansour, Chairman of the Board of Trustees of the German University in Cairo, and Prof. Dr. Eng. Yasser Higazy, President of the German University in Cairo, attended the first edition of the International Conference Microwaves and Antennas in Africa and the Middle East. This event was hosted by Egypt at the German University in Cairo headed by Dr. Ayman Al-Tager, Military Technical College and Dr. Hany Hammad, from the Faculty of Information Engineering and Technology at the German University in Cairo.
The German University in Cairo Committee of Electrical and International Telecommunications Engineers headed by Prof. Dr. Samir Elghazaly- Professor in University of Arkansas in the United States of America, and Dr. Yahya Antar, from the Royal Military College in Canada, supervised preparations for the conference.
More than 100 scientific research papers were presented at the conference. Researches who submitted the papers selected, are considered the best researches in this field. The number of participants was approximately 450 scientists, engineers and researches in the fields of microwaves and antennas from Africa and the Arab world as well as advanced research centers in Europe, America and Asia. From the 450 researchers, 150 of them participated in presentations and discussions.
One main advantage of this conference was that it provided an opportunity for outstanding Electronic and Microwave Engineering GUC students to present their projects and ideas, to the specialized committee composed of more than 30 scientists and headed by Prof. Dr. Hadia Elhenawy- Professor in Communication Engineering and Former Dean of Ain Shams University, and Dr. Tamer AbuEl-Fadl from Galala University and Cairo University. Prizes were awarded to the best-submitted project and research.
The opening of the Conference was attended by:
- Prof. Dr. Helmy El Ghor - Secretary General of the Council of Universities
- Prof. Dr. Hossam Othman, Advisor to the Minister of Communication for Creativity, Entrepreneurship, Electronics Manufacturing and Artificial Intelligence
- Prof. Nuno Carvalho-President of Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) Microwave Theory and Technology Society
- Prof. Stefano Maci- President of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) Antenna and Propagation Society
- Prof. Dr. Ibrahim El Dimeery, Dean of the Faculty of Postgraduate Studies and Scientific Research at the German University in Cairo
and a number of Faculty members from all the Faculties of Engineering at the German University and Egyptian Universities.