The President of Zimbabwe Parliament, Jacob Mudenda and the accompanying delegation of the Zimbabwe Parliament members visited the German University in Cairo on the 21st of February, 2023 based on an invitation from Counselor Dr. Hanafi Jabali, Speaker of the Egyptian House of Representatives.
Zimbabwean Delegation Members:
- Hon. Jacob Francis Mudenda Speaker of the Parliament of Zimbabwe
- Hon. Callisto Gwanetsa Member of Parliament
- Hon. Tawanda Karikoga Member of Parliament
- Hon. Constance Chihururu Member of Parliament
- Mr. Farai Nicholas Makubaza Director Public Relations
- Ms. Rumbidzai P.Chisango Principal External Relation Officer
- Ms. Msrtha Mushandinga Principal Executive Assistant for the Hon. Speaker
- Mr. Zimekria Mukushwa Aide-de-Camp for the Hon. Speaker
- Mr. Takura Brighton Madongorere Security- Aide for the Hon. Speaker
- Mr. Shien Kanyumwa Security- Aide for the Hon. Speaker
- Amb. Shebba Shumbaya Wonda Ambassador of Zimbabwe to Egypt
- Marshal Mututu Deputy Ambassador of Zimbabwe to Egypt
The President of Zimbabwe Parliament, Jacob Mudenda & the accompanying delegation of the other Parliament members were welcomed by Eng. Abdelfattah Mansour, Vice Chairman of the Board of Trustees of GUC along with Prof. Dr. Eng. Yasser Higazy, GUC President, Prof. Dr. Ehab Kamel Abou El-Kheir, Vice President for Student Affairs along with faculty members and faculty deans and students.
During the visit, the delegation viewed many labs and facilities of the university’s educational and research activities between GUC in Egypt and its partners in Germany. The delegation praised the GUC Industrial Park and the Solar City at the university, which are one of a kind in the region & Africa.
Jacob Mudenda, the Zimbabwe Parliament President, delivered a lecture to the esteemed attendees titled: “Promotion of University Education through Private Initiatives and Simulation Experiences” during which he expressed his happiness for visiting the GUC for the first time, and seeing its great achievements. He pointed out that GUC is a leading university in education and scientific research and it is the first university in Africa that has an Industrial Park in its campus.