- Filling in the online application
- Personal Interview is a must to approve course registration
- The minimum age for participating in the German Language Courses for adults and Business German is 18 years.
- For young learners an approval of the legal guardian has to be submitted.
- It is required that all applicants have knowledge of another Latin foreign language e.g. English or French.
- Registration is only effective if course fees are fully paid.
- Course fees do not include the price of the course books.
- Applicants with no previous knowledge of German language will be automatically assigned to the beginners’ class.
- Applicants with previous knowledge who have no certificate or whose certificate is older than four months have to sit for a placement exam. The exam consists of an oral part, paragraph writing and a computerized part.
- The placement exam costs 100 EGP.
- Applicants with previous knowledge who have a valid certificate, which is not older than four months, are required to submit the course certificate for evaluation.
- Applicants are requested to apply officially for the withdrawal and refund at GUC–Continuing Education Center during the announced working hours.
- Course fees can be refunded before the starting date of the course. However an amount of 10% for administrative fees will be deducted from the total course amount.
- Deadline of any refunds is within one week of course beginning. An amount of 20% for administartive fees will be deducted from the total course amount.
- Any withdrawal after the above-mentioned periods cannot be refunded.
- In case the course is cancelled by GUC, participants are entitled to full refund of the course fees.
- The minimum number of participants is 12 and the maximum number is 18.
- It is GUC’s decision solely to decide which classes will be offered.
- Switching between courses is only allowed during the first week from the course start date and based on available places.
- Switching between courses will cost an extra 10% fee of the original course fee.
- Participants must attend at least 75% of the sessions and pass the final exam to obtain the course certificate.
- Participants attending from 65% to less than 75% of the sessions will be allowed to enter the final exam but cannot obtain the course certificate. If the participant passes the final exam, he/she can apply for the next level.
- Participants attending less than 65% of the sessions cannot enter the final exam.
- By attending 75% of the course and passing the final exam the participant is entitled to receive one original course certificate.
- In case of loss another one can be issued for a fee.
- All participants have to abide by the GUC security regulations inside the campus.
Code of Conduct:
- All participants have to abide by the GUC course regulations and policies.
- In case of any misconduct the German Center has the right to cancel the registration without stating the reasons.