Professor/ Associate Professor/ Lecturer in Private Law
Vacancy for: Program of Law and Legal Studies
Ref Code: II10.1
The German University in Cairo- GUC (Cairo Campus)
Program of Law and Legal Studies
The German University in Cairo is seeking highly qualified full-time academic staff to teach introductory and advances courses within the Program of Law and Legal Studies. This program is designed for students interested in developing a strong understanding of law and its application in the national and international context.
Successful candidates will be expected to teach undergraduate level courses in the main fields of Civil Law such as:
• Introduction to Law (Theory of Legal Rights – Theory of Law)
• General Private Law (Law of Contract, , Civil Obligations, Torts, Unjust Enrichment, Property Law) at Civil law and at Common Law
• Methodology of Legal Research , Drafting of Contracts and Legal Briefs, Law Suit
Candidates are expected to develop teaching material, seminars and collaborative work with colleagues of the department, to organize moot court competitions, and to participate in arbitration proceedings.
• Doctorate degree with teaching experience, publications, research and practical experience in related areas.
• Strong academic interest and teaching experience, with strong student’s orientation.
• Active in the business and legal community (through association memberships, consulting, publications)
Interested applicants are invited to submit their curriculum vitae including employment history, a statement outlining research and teaching interests, a publication list, and names of at least three referees by referencing post: #ref. II10.1
Applications will be reviewed until position is filled. For best consideration, please submit your applications by December 15th 2016.
For further information, please contact the Human Resources Department (email@example.com)
Create an Account and Apply.
Post Date: Thursday, November 17, 2016