Professor/Associate Professor/in Architecture, spatial design and visual communication
Vacancy for: Architecture and Urban Design Program
Ref Code: II6.1
The German University in Cairo invites applications for vacancies to be filled effective September 2022 or February 2023.
The German University in Cairo is looking for highly capable and motivated applicants wishing to join the Architecture and Urban Design Program. The GUC architecture school was founded in 2010 and can now claim to be one of the most successful architecture programs in Egypt and the Mena Region.
The position open is to join the Visual Design and Presentation (sub) department of the architecture and urban design program at the GUC. Courses taught range from the traditional skills of 2 & 3D representation such as drawing, painting, sculpture, photography, video/film and architectural model making to advanced architectural hybrid drawing representation techniques, CAD programs, rendering and architectural visualization, augmented and virtual reality. The department fosters an experimental and exploratory approach to architectural/spatial design and visual communication using contemporary media techniques that are relevant to architecture, design and artistic practice in its widest sense.
Successful candidates will be expected to teach both undergraduate and graduate levels, develop ongoing and innovative research activities, and contribute to the further advancement of the architecture and urban design program.
Will be expected to contribute to undergraduate and graduate teaching in:
• Architecture and spatial design (Interior design)
• Visual communication and architectural representation
• Lead design studios at undergraduate and graduate levels
• Advanced elective courses on innovative topics relevant to architecture/ spatial design/interior design, visual communication and architectural representation
• Supervising bachelor/master/PhD theses
• Commitment to engage in interdisciplinary studies, research and collaboration with other university faculties, departments and academies of arts
• Candidates should have several years of practical and teaching experience in architecture (spatial design/interior design) or in a field of visual communication related to Architecture, (this should be evident in the submitted portfolio which must have examples of professional work executed by the applicant in their own name i.e. not as a member of an office or a group work).
• Teaching Portfolio with examples of work undertaken with students which document clearly the candidate’s pedagogical and didactic suitability.
• A Doctorate/Ph.D. in architecture (spatial design/interior design) or a field of visual communication related to architecture would be welcomed.
• The language of teaching is English.
The German University in Cairo is an Egyptian Private University established in cooperation with the German State Universities of Ulm and Stuttgart, under the patronage of the Egyptian Ministry of Higher Education, the Ministry of Science, Research and Arts, State of Baden-Wuerttemberg, Germany, and supported by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD), the German Embassy in Cairo, the Arab/German Chamber of Industry and Commerce (AHK), the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research, the Universities of Stuttgart, Ulm, Mannheim, and Tübingen.
Interested applicants are invited to submit their curriculum vitae including employment history, a statement outlining research and teaching interests, list of publications and projects undertaken and names of at least three referees.
Applications will be reviewed until position is filled. For best consideration, submit applications before 15th of June, 2022.
For further information, please contact the Human Resources Department (email@example.com)
Post Date: Tuesday, May 10, 2022