Professor/Associate Professor/ Lecturer / Architectural Design - Focus Urban scale
Vacancy for: Architecture and Urban Design Program
Ref Code: II6.3
The German University in Cairo invites applications for vacancies to be filled effective September 2022 or February 2023.
The German University in Cairo is looking for highly capable and motivated applicants wishing to join the Architecture and Urban Design Program. The GUC architecture school was founded in 2010 and can claim to be one of the most successful architecture programs in Egypt and the Mena Region.
The position open is to join the Architecture and Urban Design sub-department of the architecture and urban design program at the GUC. The Architecture and Urban Design Department at GUC focusses on an integrative design approach where contextual thinking and multiscale strategies define the architectural design process. We encourage and support research activities in those fields.
Successful candidates will be expected to teach both undergraduate and graduate levels, develop ongoing and innovative research activities and contribute to the further advancement of the architecture and urban design program. All courses are taught in English.
As a member of an international team, the successful candidate will be expected to contribute to undergraduate and graduate teaching in:
• Introducing relations between architecture design and urban projects in the undergraduate program discourse both in teaching and research within the specific context of Egypt, Mediterranean and internationally
• Coordinating design studios at undergraduate and graduate levels
• Advanced elective courses on innovative urban or territorial scale and design projects
• Supervising bachelor/master/PhD thesis in the field.
• Commitment to engage in interdisciplinary studies, research and collaboration with other university faculties, departments and academies of arts
• Candidates should have at least five years of teaching experience at the undergraduate and/or graduate level in the field of urban design.
• Practical experience in urban design with focus on housing (this should be evident in the submitted portfolio which must have examples of professional work executed by the applicant in their own name i.e. not as a member of an office or a group work).
• Teaching Portfolio with examples of work undertaken with students which document clearly the candidate’s pedagogical and didactic suitability.
• A Doctorate/Ph.D. in urban design or related fields of territorial topics would be welcome.
• The language of teaching is English.
The German University in Cairo is an Egyptian Private University established in cooperation with the German State Universities of Ulm and Stuttgart, under the patronage of the Egyptian Ministry of Higher Education, the Ministry of Science, Research and Arts, State of Baden-Wuerttemberg, Germany, and supported by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD), the German Embassy in Cairo, the Arab/German Chamber of Industry and Commerce (AHK), the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research, the Universities of Stuttgart, Ulm, Mannheim, and Tübingen.
Interested applicants are invited to submit their curriculum vitae including employment history, a statement outlining research and teaching interests, samples of design work and publications and the names of at least three referees.
Applications will be reviewed until position is filled. For best consideration, submit applications before 15th of June, 2022.
For further information, please contact the Human Resources Department (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Post Date: Tuesday, May 10, 2022