Computer Science Teaching assistant
Vacancy for: Media Engineering and Technology
Ref Code: II2.6
The German University in Cairo- GUC (Cairo Campus) Faculty of Media Engineering Technology Department: Computer Science and Engineering The German University in Cairo invites applications for the following vacancy to be filled during the academic year 2019/2020.
The department of Computer Science and Engineering at the MET faculty of the German University in Cairo seeks applicants for a full-time position of Teaching Assistants. The faculty invites candidates for an exquisite opportunity to become engaged in an interactive teaching environment incorporated with state of the art research. The department focuses on the application of complex and diverse computational needs based on the various theoretical foundations. The main teaching task is to discuss ideas and apply the concepts discussed in lectures, by challenging and motivating students and by supervising the various projects and assignments they work on.
The fields of teaching and research activities are as follows:
Theoretical Computer Science:
o Theory of Computation
o Design and Analysis of Algorithms
o Concepts of Programming Languages
o Databases and Information Retrieval
o Compiler Theory
o Artificial Intelligence
Applied Computer Science:
o Computer Architecture and Engineering
o Embedded Systems
o Computer Security and Cryptography
o Software Engineering
o Communication Networks
• Bachelor/master degree in Computer Science or in Computer Engineering or any related fields
• Excellent with honors/ or very good.
• Excellent command of English language.
• Practical and teaching experience (junior teaching Assistant, Research assistant) would be an asset.
• Enthusiastic and interested in research and graduate studies.
• Excellent presentation skills.
• Computer skills.
• Good management skills, including the ability to meet deadlines, communicate and motivate effectively.
• Team work spirit.
• Cultural Competence in dealing with people from diverse cultural backgrounds.
• Applications will be reviewed until position is filled.
For further information, please contact the Human Resources Department (email@example.com)
Post Date: Thursday, June 25, 2020