Lecturer/ Instructor- Design Foundation
Vacancy for: FASA
Ref Code: II8.4.1
The German University in Cairo- GUC (Cairo Campus)
Faculty of Applied Science and Arts
The German University in Cairo invites applications for the following vacancies to be filled during Spring 2017 (February 2017) or Winter 2017 (September 2017).
The German University in Cairo is looking for highly able and motivated applicants wishing to join The Product Design Department. Successful candidates will be expected to contribute to undergraduate and graduate teaching with demonstrating experience in the major of Form and Material, Form and Generation, Product Semantics.
• Both Lecturer/ Instructor applicants should hold a master degree or German diplom in a related area.
• Applicants for a position of a Lecturer should have a minimum 5 years of practical experience and 3 years of teaching experience.
• Applicants for a position of an Instructor should have a minimum 3 years of practical experience, teaching experience would be an asset.
• Excellent knowledge of English, which is the teaching language.
• Strong skills in delivering knowledge and teaching content related to Design Basics on a Foundation Course Level.
• Knowledge of current and future issues within the field of design education-excellence in research, scholarship, design or creative practice.
• Strong commitment to progressive design education principles with respect to self organized and responsible design study.
• Ability to structure and define project goals in order to foster and motivate positive experiences, and develop and nurture students’ design abilities
• Interest and competence in working with people from diverse cultural backgrounds, professional training and aesthetic sensibilities.
• Understanding of the implications of design practice in relationship to broader social, cultural, economic, scientific and technological forces.
• Excellent writing and interpersonal communication skills.
• Good organizational and administrative skills, including the ability to meet deadlines, communicate and motivate effectively.
• An interest in working collaboratively within the GUC and with external partners towards the development of shared projects and initiatives.
Interested applicants are invited to submit their curriculum vitae including employment history, a statement outlining research and teaching interests, list of publications and projects undertaken and names of at least three referees. . Applications to be submitted by referencing posting: II8.4.1
Applications will be reviewed until position is filled. For best consideration, submit applications by 5th of January, 2017.
For further information, please contact the Human Resources Department (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Create an Account and Apply.
Post Date: Wednesday, December 07, 2016